Monday, June 28, 2010

Improvements

I had staph and the viral outbreak, so good thing I took anti-biotics! I'm feeling better, but I think I should go on a suppressive therapy since I plan on being in the sun as much as I can. As for the the non-dissolving stress..I don't know what to do about it.

This weekend is kind of a big deal!
Last year I had attended Potlatch, but only as a carry-on, photographer, cheerer, and partier. I said to myself, and a few people, that next year I will be here- on my own team.
Potlatch is an ultimate frisbee tournament, where many folks from all about the nation come in to do it up right. It's 3 days of at least 3 games(yikes!), and lots of partying.
I have resisted the urge to play for the last 2-3 weeks, I'm trying to let my shins heal. While the tearing sensation persists, it's gotten a lot duller. Doesn't mean that if I should get out on the field it will magically be better.
I bought athletic insoles, I'm interested to see how they will perform... they feel good just walking around in my cleats. I will also have Icy-Hot, Ice packs, and heat pads at the ready for the weekend.
The plan is to heat patch in the mornings, stretch-warm up. Remove heat when ready to play. Ice packs after the point/game. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment